Morgan Sloane

Arrange a Housing Association or Shared Ownership Valuation

Find out how much your home is worth.

Whether you’re planning on selling or you’re looking to buy a higher percentage of your shared ownership home, you’ll need an independent, RICS registered Chartered Surveyor to provide a valuation of your home. Here at Morgan Sloane, we’re experienced in providing Housing Association, and Shared Ownership Valuations. 

What are Shared Ownership Valuations?

A Shared Ownership Valuation is required if you have purchased a property using the shared ownership scheme and wish to either sell the property or increase your owned percentage. This type of valuation provides a market value for the sale or purchase of your percentage share in your property. Your surveyor will discuss details of their inspection and will clearly explain the process.

What are Housing Association Valuations?

If you live in social housing that you share with a housing association company, and intend to purchase further shares or sell the property, then you will need a Housing Association Valuation or Shared Ownership Valuation, this type of valuation will establish the correct and fair market value of your property. 

How does it work?

One of our RICS certified Chartered Surveyors will inspect your property, taking into account the location, how it is built, the size, number of rooms and the overall condition of the home. Based on the qualified knowledge and observations of our surveyor, and comparison with similar properties in the area, you will then be given a figure that they have determined to be the value of your property. These valuations are valid for around 3 months.

Speak to an expert today. Contact us here.

If you’re planning on selling your shared ownership property, or buying a higher percentage of your home, speak to a member of our team today to arrange your Shared Ownership Valuation or Housing Association Valuation.